Monday, June 22, 2009

BEFORE YOU DYE, BLEACH, PERM, OR RELAX YOUR HAIR!!!

Since chemicals such as dyes, bleach, relaxers, and perms are so harmful to the hair, I suggest that if you absolutely desire to use chemicals in your hair YOU MUST GIVE YOUR HAIR A HOT OIL TREATMENT. This is very important because all chemicals can cause a lot of damage to the hair. Hot Oil treatments are also good even if your hair is natural. I promise you will see a great difference in the feel of your hair after. Hot Oil treatments helps nourish the hair and stop breakage. I usually give my hair a hot oil treatment every 2 weeks. You can either buy one or make your own. I make my own, here's the recipe I use...

1. Mix equal amounts of...
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Castor Oil
Honey
and dab of rosemary
into a microwavable container
2. Place the container and oil in the microwave until warm. CAUTION: PLEASE TEST THE TEMPERATURE OF THE OIL BEFORE APPLY TO HAIR!!!!
3. Apply oil throughout hair and scalp
4. Place a plastic cap onto the hair and wrap a towel on top of the plastic cap
5. Wait an hour or longer if possible, then rinse and shampoo the hair as normal...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i just came to your site from a Yahoo answers reply. I did a big hair no-no and stripped it then bleached it twice in two days time. Obviously one of my blond moments. Anyway, i need to condition my hair and i tried the mayo and the ion deep conditioner from sallys but it still is so brittle and my scalp is itchy and dry from all the crap i did to it. I am at this hideous partly platinum some gold and some brown streaks hair that i don't know what to do with. i just want to buy a brown color and dye it again but i don't want to risk my hair falling out. Any helpful thoughts?

    ReplyDelete